As of today, there are no confirmed COVID-19 cases in BCS. However, as reported, there are currently (41) confirmed cases of COVID-19 across Chiapas, Coahuila, Sinaloa and Mexico City. An additional (155) patients across mainland Mexico are suspected of having COVID-19.
Picante Sportfishing is following protocols that have been suggested and are being practice on our vessel and office, on prevention to stay ahead of the COVID-19. At this stage our strategy rests on two pillars: COMMUNICATION AND PREVENTION.
|HIGH 76 °F / LOW 64 °F
|SEA OF CORTEZ 71 °F – 74 °F | PACIFIC 69 °F – 72 °F
|SE 9 mph
|Striped Marlin, Dorado, Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Roostefish, Red Snapper, Sierra Mackerel
|March 15th, 2020
Daily Fishing Report:
Our initial communication addressed to keep our employees informed is critical and will ensure we address any “concerns” before they become an irreversible problem. Our Human Resources have taken the lead in making sure that ALL employees are verbally briefed on following the proper guidelines in order to combat both the influenza and the COVID-19 diseases here locally.
Preventing the spread of any illness or virus is paramount. During this FLU season, which is further complicated by COVID-19 we must do everything to ensure we are protecting our customers and employees. As of March 15th we have implemented and readdressed the following with all employees:
· Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Make sure hand sanitizer contains at least 60% alcohol
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, face and mouth with unwashed hands
· All sick employees MUST report their symptoms to our medical system and either remain or be sent home
· Avoid close contact with individuals that are sick, to include visiting hospitals, clinics or other areas with high probabilities of sick individuals
· Keep areas clean, especially common areas. In addition, we have distributed hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, Lysol to all employees work areas.
· Report any contact made with any individuals who have been diagnosed as a COVID-19 carrier or who may have traveled to locations with high rates of COVID-19 (China, Italy, Iran, South Korea)
· Prevent the spread of false information regarding unvalidated cases or rumors of cases.
If you, your family or your guests have any signs of illness, or may have had possible contact with anyone showing signs of the virus, we heavily advise you not to travel. We also encourage everyone to take the same preventative steps that we have been taking here at Picante Sportfishing, including washing hands regularly and using sanitizers whenever possible.
On March we continiue see good fishing: Striped Marlin, Yellowfin tuna, Yellowtail, some Dorados (Mahi Mahi), Roosterfish, Snappers, groupers and more. On half day 5 hours fishing charters the best bite has been Spanish Mackerel, Red Snapper and also some Dorados.The average is 1-3 Marlin released per boat.
Many avid anglers swear by their moon-centered strategy. They chalk their biggest catches up to the movement of the planet. And it’s pretty common. Major fishing magazines often feature a lunar fishing calendar. There are also dozens of apps available for the same thing.
Could there really be some truth in the whole solunar thing? Or is it just a case of “horoscopes for fish”?
Just in case do you believe or not, we going to leave for all our anglers the following moon phases chart 2020
Picante Pride our 36 ft CABO Express released 3 Striped Marlin and boated 13 Yellowfin Tunas
Picante Express our 32 ft CABO Express release 2 Striped Marlin and boated 3 Dorados and 1 Yellowfin Tuna
Picante Dream 35 ft Flaybridge released 3 Striped Marlin
Cisco 35 ft CABO Express release 4 Striped Marlin and boated 10 Yellowfin Tuna
Salsa 35 ft CABO Express released 2 Striped Marlin and 1 Roosterfish
Picante 40 ft Tollycraft released 1 Shark and boated 3 Dorados and 6 Red Snapper
Picante 45, 45 ft CABO Express released 1 Striped Marlin and boated 4 Red Snapper
Ram Rod 31 ft Albermarle Express released 3 Striped Marlin
Fish with the winners!
|Striped Marlin 18, 6 Dorados, 24 Yellofin Tuna, 1 Roosterfish, 10 Red Snapper & 1 Shark
|Golden Gate Bank, Margaritas & San Jaime
|Cisco 35 ft CABO Express
|1 Striped Marlin & 10 Yellowfin Tuna