You come to Cabo San Lucas to vacation for a few days, but you want to make the most of your time. You want to get to know the most iconic points of Los Cabos, as well as feel the &ldquoLos Cabos lifestyle&rdquo. We put together our &ldquo5 Best Things To Do In Cabo San Lucas&rdquo as voted by the Picante Sportfishing team. Let us know what you think about them, and if you think we missed your favorite spot or activity.
- Enjoy a boat ride through the Cabo San Lucas Bay, within sights of the majestic rock formations at Land&rsquos End. You&rsquoll see the sea lion colony sunbathing or fishing right next to El Arco and Playa del Amor. You can take the ride from the marina, or if you go fishing with us ask the Captain to stop a little in El Arco at sunrise leaving the marina or on your return so you can have the mandatory picture: El Arco behind your happy face, your own Cabo San Lucas postcard.
- Relax on the beaches of Cabo San Lucas. Whether you are looking for a place to swim, enjoy the landscape or simply feel the warm sand in your foot, there is plenty of beach to go around. There are 19 Blue Flag certified beaches in Los Cabos! Blue flag? Yes, that is a worldwide designation considered the gold standard for beaches throughout the world, awarded by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Our Blue Flag are the perfect place for you to swim, surf, snorkel, paddle-board, kayak, or walk safety and sustainably. Some of our recommended Cabo Blue Flag Beaches include: Acapulquito, Chileno, Corsario, Hacienda, Las Viudas, Palmilla, Santa María, La Ribera and Medano.
- Enjoy the ample gastronomy of Los Cabos, exploring the food is one of the main pleasures of travel in Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. With so many culinary offerings from award winning restaurants, farm to table cuisine, casual dining, to local little eateries. You can indulge yourself with distinctive Baja flavors.
- Play golf with the most amazing and breathtaking views. Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo have 15 world class golf courses in operation including both private and public greens. Enjoy the 103,897 yards and 273 holes waiting to be played at the tip of Baja California Peninsula.
- The last but not least (and our favorite): Experience Cabo San Lucas sportfishing with the winners! It doesn’t matter if you’re an experienced angler, or looking for your first fishing experience, Picante can show you the best of Cabo fishing. Cabo San Lucas is known as the &ldquoMarlin Capital of the world&rdquo, the waters are legendary amongst fishermen for having the best billfish grounds. All year round we have the striped marlin biting, but June through December brings the blue and black marlin beasts. The other offshore species (and good for the table) are wahoo, tuna and dorado (aka mahi mahi). Popular bottom fish include the peculiar roosterfish, grouper, jacks, snapper, triggerfish and cabrilla for a tasty ceviche.
Give us a call! We are Cabo&rsquos premier fishing charter fleet. Picante Sportfishing is owner operated, and the only fleet in Cabo with a $1 million dollar insurance. Our vessels are equipped with the latest in electronics and nicest fishing gear available. The most important thing offer is our Captains who love their job and will take you where the fish are! Check out the reviews from our great clients for a look into fishing with the winners at Picante.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN LOS CABOS
It&rsquos Cabo San Lucas turtle nesting season, so when walking the beach you can be one the lucky ones to see the nesting of the turtles. Year after year the turtles return to Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo to lay their eggs in our beautiful beaches. If you get to see a turtle, do not disturb her, observe this wonder of nature from afar. Notify the resort staff, they have procedures for the sea turtle protection program and can give you the information about the release of baby sea turtles, yes you can be part of it!
Mexico Independence day celebrations: Fiestas Mexicanas all the month and all around Cabo San Lucas. On the night of September 15th, the Los Cabos community joins at the main plaza to celebrate with the anniversary of the Mexican Independence. Experience the festive ambiance with fireworks, traditional Mexican food and music. A military and school parade and a civil ceremony is held on September 16.
And when you have enough of Mariachi and Banda you can reserve a spot in the event to enjoy the famous DJ and violinist Mariana Bo who will be performing at Omnia Los Cabos on September 15.
September is great fishing in Cabo San Lucas, you can find all those big game species like striped marlin, blue marlin, wahoo, dorado, tuna and roosterfish. Fishing in Cabo in September is hot like all summers of Los Cabos! But it it&rsquos also the month with the highest probability of storms, so we have an interesting combination because the rain brings more fish to our waters and these are of a wide variety of species.