Over the past few months, national and local authorities have taken steps to ensure prevention of the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, Cabo San Lucas and Baja have been relatively isolated from the disease, thanks to our geographical position. Things have been much quieter than usual, as we all work together to limit the possibility of cases.
While the daily activities are paused, we’ve noticed the waters are doing great. The fishing has been even better than usual, with our ocean receiving a rest like never before. We’re anticipating a big season for marlin, and we&rsquore excited to see what else is waiting for us all in the water.
As travel opens back up again soon, we want to let our guests know that the health and safety is our utmost priority. Here are a few ways that we’re prepared for the reopening of Cabo, and why fishing is a great way to have safe fun.
7 Reasons to go fishing with Picante Sportfishing
Fishing is a great social distancing activity, we’ll tell you why:
1. Fishing is a safe outdoor activity
2. The cabins are well ventilated
3. Fishing is not a group sport. By law we have a limit in the number of clients aboard each boat giving more open space on each charter
4. At Picante Sportfishing all our charters are private, not shared charters. That means we are 100% in the know about how the boats are being used, and confident about safety and sanitation.
5. Our crew use fishing masks, even more so now
6. The boats have always been washed and sanitized after each fishing to remove the salty water and clean the bloody decks, this procedure will be exhaustive using chlorine solution to disinfect and taking special care with high-touch points
7. Our special summer cancellation policy: a full refund if you are unable to travel in case the border is close or flight cancellation due to the pandemic, in addition to being always welcome to reschedule your fishing
In all that Picante Sportfishing do, we will continue to prioritize health, well-being and enjoy of our customers and crew.